When planning a baby shower, there is a long list of things that have to be considered. Beyond the invitations, decorations, cake, and games, a person would need to come up with snack ideas that would appeal to the majority of guests. Of course, not everyone in attendance is going to like the food served but with careful planning, it is possible to offer a little something for everyone.
We also want to point out that as part of choosing perfect baby shower snacks, an individual does not need to spend a fortune. If the budget allows, foods could be catered in but if not, there are some great affordable food ideas. Now, if the person organizing the baby shower simply does not have the financial means or even time to prepare everything, there would be nothing wrong in asking several of the family members and close friends of the expectant or new mom to pitch in.
Themed Food Baby Shower Snack Ideas
For this, snack foods would coordinate with the baby shower or have a theme of their own. As an example, the host could choose all finger foods such as tortilla roll-ups, mini-sandwiches, toasted bagel bites, petit fours, tiny pecan tarts, and so on. The theme might also involve choosing foods of a specific color to match the shower. If an expectant mother were having a boy, options could consist of miniature blueberry muffins, blue tortilla chips and salsa, or perhaps fresh boysenberries, blueberries and even blackberries in a blue colored yogurt or pudding.
Healthy Baby Shower Snack Ideas
Today, many pregnant women are putting a lot of emphasis on staying healthy so in support of this, perfect snack ideas could consist of healthy foods. Fresh watermelon could be cut out in the shape of baby buggies and green grapes used as the wheels or perhaps radish and tomato rosettes served with a low-fat dip. There are thousands upon thousands of healthy food ideas that would be perfect for a baby shower event.
Unique Baby Shower Snack Ideas – Nursery Rhymes
For something extra special, foods could be prepared to match different nursery rhymes. This could be foods that would have been eaten by characters or foods with creative nursery rhyme names. Following are some examples of how this could be accomplished.
- Honey cakes (Winnie the Pooh)
- Mixed salad with green, red, and yellow bell peppers (Peter Piper’s Pickled Peppers)
- Jam thumb print cookies (Little Jack Horner)
- Various cheeses and crackers (Three Blind Mice)
- Sweet pumpkin cookies (Cinderella)
- Fresh cut garden vegetables with Dip (Mary Mary Quite Contrary)
- Blueberry pudding with whipped cream and a small rubber duck on top (Rub a Dub Dub)
- Candy tray (Hansel and Gretel)
- Individual bags filled with cotton candy balls (Baa Baa Black Sheep)
- Metal pails filled with skewered fresh fruit (Jack and Jill)
Sophisticated Baby Shower Snack Ideas
Of course, there will also be chic baby showers. Even for a high-end event, there are still great snack ideas that can be made on a budget. For example, a tiered cupcake stand holding yellow and chocolate cupcakes topped with white icing and a sugar animal such as elephant, giraffe, lion, and tiger, would make a beautiful Noah’s Ark presentation.
For something over the top, there are all kinds of great baby shower snack ideas. Some of these suggestions would be more appropriate for an informal gathering but they are fun and definitely memorable.
- Edible pacifiers made from large jelly beans, a flat cookie, a lifesaver, and piece of string
- Rattle suckers in a variety of flavors
- Miniature sugar cookies cut in the shape of babies and made with pink or blue dye
- Miniature bread bowls formed as booties and filled with thin sliced turkey, chicken, lettuce, and cheese
- Cream cheese filled tomato tortilla rolls with thin strips of celery and carrot (great for a fall baby shower)
- Frozen yogurt station with all the fun toppings
Another idea for a classy baby shower would be a fresh fruit and vegetable buffet. Foods could include any of the following:
- Blocks of watermelon measuring 4×4 inches with a dollop of cream cheese and a sprig of mint
- Skewers consisting of sliced kiwi, watermelon, pineapple, papaya, and apple
- Snack cups containing fresh cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese balls
- Tall glass jars filled with cut celery, carrots, and yellow squash along with a variety of dips
- Fresh fruit parfaits to include healthy topping choices such as granola, nuts, and berries