Who you will invite to the baby shower? Will you invite them via email, call or snail mail? Well, this depends greatly on your personal tastes, budget and views regarding baby shower invitation etiquette.
When it comes to baby shower etiquette there are no “rules”, however, there are some best practices. Below you will find our list of suggestions to make sure you’re not forgetting anything in your baby shower invitations.
Who to Invite to the Baby Shower
When preparing your invite guest list for the baby shower, make sure you invite all your, or the mother-to-be, friends, family members and close co-workers. We recommend asking close friends and family members to help you finalize the invite guest list to make sure that no guest is accidentally forgotten.
When to Throw a Baby Shower
We recommend hosting the baby shower a month or two before the baby’s due date. This will allow the mother-to-be to register for shower-worthy gifts and items she still needs before the baby arrives. Similarly, a Welcoming Shower can be thrown couple of weeks after the baby’s arrival to accommodate special out-of-town friends and relatives who may not have been able to attend the original baby shower. The Welcoming Shower can also be done if the mother-to-be chooses to wait and be showered until after the baby is born.
Sending Your Baby Shower Invitations
The most popular way, and most economical way, to send baby shower invitations is via e-mail, however, it is always nice to receive an invitation via regular snail mail. If you do choose to send your baby shower invitations via snail mail make sure to send them 4 to 5 weeks in advance to allow guests enough time to mark their calendars – and purchase their baby shower gifts. If you are sending the baby shower invitations via e-mail, we recommend sending the invitations about a month in advance. This will allow enough time for the guest to buy useful and creative baby shower gifts.
Baby Shower Invitations Details
Now that you are ready to prepare your baby shower invitations, you must first take a moment and answer the following questions:
- How many guests are you inviting to the baby shower
- Is there a specific baby shower theme
- Are there any friends helping you plan the baby shower – if you have creative friends, they could help you plan a unique and creative baby shower
- What kind of person is the mother-to-be and what does she like
- Will this be a women only baby shower or will men also be invited to the shower
Once you have answered the above questions, you can dive deeper into preparing the perfect baby shower invitation. For your invite to be complete, you will need to include the following information:
- Name of the mother-to-be and host(s)
- Directions (make sure to provide clear directions)
- Phone number(s) in case of questions or in case the guest gets lost the day of the event
- If the guests need to RSVP
- What store is the mother-to-be registered at
- Theme of the party — if any specific baby shower theme is chosen
- Dress code — formal, casual, semi-formal, disguised, etc
- Let the baby shower guests know if they need to bring anything in particular to the event
- Also, consider informing the guests if they can bring another guest with them